It's all about time management and not wasting precious time that's given to us. In order to be successful, the first place to start is your To-Do list.
Best Methods For Creating To-Do Lists
1. Choose Your Platform: Are you a pen and paper kind of gal or do you prefer digital for your list-making and goal setting? Whatever you choose, stick to it, be consistent and refer to your list daily or weekly.
2. Be Consistent: Decide when you will create your To-Do lists. Morning, evening, weekends, daily, weekly, monthly? Do what's easiest and best practice for you.
3. Be Realistic: We have 24 hours in a day, minus the much needed 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night, we only have 16 hours to make it happen.
Don't create a list of 10 big projects that need to be completed by days end. This will only make you feel defeated if not achieved. (Of course, unless you have a team of people behind you) (wouldn't that be amazing!).
Write down To-Do's that can be accomplished within a day or a couple of days but no more than a weeks time.
4. Prioritize: Think about your list and prioritize it. List the top 2 or 3 items that need to be accomplished first. This makes it more achievable as well as moving you closer to your next goal.
5. Time Factor: Adding times to your To-Do list is a game-changer.
Don't just write.
Go to the gym.......(instead, try writing)......go to the gym from 6am to 7am.
Instead of writing, meet with Jen.......(try writing)......meet Jen at Starbucks, 3pm
This added layer of time to your To-Do list makes the task real and relevant.